|Benign Ovarian Tumor|
What is the benign ovarian tumor?
A benign ovarian tumor is a noncancerous growth on or inside an ovary. It is a solid mass, not a fluid-filled cyst. It is called benign because the abnormal cells in the growth do not spread to other parts of the body.
The two ovaries are part of the female reproductive system. They produce eggs and the female hormones estrogen and progesterone.
|Cause and Risk Factor of Benign Ovarian Tumor|
How does it occur?
The causes of benign ovarian tumors are not well understood. There are different types of cancers, which may have different causes. In many cases, a tumor may have begun to develop months before you were born. They have identified, though, several risk factors, including:
- age — specifically women who have gone through menopause
- not having children or not breastfeeding (however, using birth control pills seems to lower the risk)
- fertility drugs (such as Clomid)
- hormone replacement therapy
- family or personal history of ovarian, breast, or colorectal cancer
|Symptoms and Sign of Benign Ovarian Tumor|
What are the symptoms?>
An ovarian mass may cause no specific symptoms and may not be detected until you have a regular checkup with your healthcare provider. However, depending on the size, location, and type of cancer, it may cause some or all of the following symptoms:
- a feeling of pressure or fullness in the abdomen or pelvis
- a firm, painless swelling in the lower abdomen
- irregular bowel or bladder function
- abdominal pain that may linger from day to day
- painful or irregular menstrual periods (sometimes you may stop having periods).
- pain during sexual intercourse
- swelling of the legs or vulva
- an increase in facial and body hair
- weight gain
|Diagnosis of Benign Ovarian Tumor|
How is it diagnosed?
The benign ovarian tumor may be discovered when you have a pelvic exam. Tests you may have are:
- ultrasound scan (sound waves are used to create a picture of your ovaries)
- laparoscopy (your healthcare provider uses a camera attached to a thin tube to look inside your abdomen at your ovaries)
- CT (computed tomography) scan
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- blood tests
|Treatment of Benign Ovarian Tumor|
How is it treated?
Surgery is often needed to remove the tumor. If the ovary with the tumor becomes twisted, it can cause severe abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting and you may need surgery right away before the tumor damages the ovary.
In some cases the whole ovary is removed. At the time of surgery the other ovary is thoroughly explored to be sure that it does not also have a tumor. Rarely, both ovaries have to be removed.
|Herbal and Acupuncture Treatment of Benign Ovarian Tumor by Malaysia Chinese Master|
What other treatment can be used for benign ovarian tumor?
The other treatment is from ancient Chinese traditional medicine, the herbal medicine that can only reduce the size of the cancer cells and prolong the life of a cancer patient. According to the research of Malaysia Chinese Master, the herbal medicines used are free from any harmful side effects to patients. Thus, if a patient in a manner that herbal medication and follow the advice of the Chinese Master, may the disease will be reduced.
Chinese Master uses a so-called Sabah Snake Grass cancer herbs or also known as “Yu Xun Cao”, it has been widely used in Malaysia and other Asia countries to treat dampness, heats conditions, cancer, tumors, uric acid, gout, urinates renopathies (disease of the kidney) and uterine fibroid.
Sabah Snake Grass are very useful if you take in a right way. If your body system are too weak and cannot undertake it, you may feel weakness on your leg, bed wetting, vomit and other side effect. Talk to Chinese Master before you take Sabah Snake Grass to treat your cancer. Chinese Master can use combine the Sabah Snake Grass with other herbs to balance your body system, so you can continue take the Sabah Snake Grass. The herbs that Chinese Master added in can help to boost the power of Sabah Snake Grass at the same time.
Sabah Snake Grass in traditional Chinese cancer herbs medicine for over thousands of years, is usually decoction into herbal drink together with other types of herbs to treats diseases mentioned and uremia for kidney patient primarily and to reduce of urine toxic.